I came across the Glowing Green smoothie in 2013 when I was looking to start juicing and blending, it’s a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet without cooking. I was looking to elevate energy levels and with this smoothie I managed to achieve it. At the time, I worked 12-15 hour days teaching various classes in a day, training clients and working on my own training, pretty much being on my feet all day and this juice got me through the mornings with a boost!
The recipe is by Kimberley Snyder a clinical nutritionist in the states who is passionate about a plant based diet,
“In one delicious drink, we get the fuel to not only lose weight, but rejuvenate our skin, fight aging, and increase our energy. It’s so easy, it’s so simple, and it has worked for all my clients, from Hollywood stars to busy moms and schoolteachers.
I often work as the nutritionist on different movie sets, and this amazing thing happens when I do: I start making the Glowing Green Smoothie, and the next thing you know, you look around, and all the actors and directors and producers are drinking it every day, because they love the way it makes them feel.” – Kimberly Snyder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks organic celery
- 1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
- Optional: 1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems OK) and 1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems OK)
- Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth.
- Add spinach, celery, apple, and pear, and blend at high speed.
- Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals from your body).
- Finish with banana and lemon.